Apr 15, 2007

[Pinoy Gay Blogs] Life Funtastique!



It's been a while since my last Pinoy Gay Blog review as compared to how often I was posting items, mainly because I'm trying to space them out now and limit myself to just one feature per week. This is also to ensure that I don't end up featuring every single blog on the list, haha. Ironically enough, I'm faced with the dilemma that no one is ever going to feature my blogs because I'm the reviewer. Is it too self-serving to write a review about myself? Urk.

So without further ado, let's go and explore Life Funtastique!

Life Funtastique! is a blog maintained by Jase, a Melbourne-based Filipino who appears to be a make-up artist, if his old Blogger profile is to still up-to-date.

Life Funtastique is a pretty enjoyable read discussing such topics as fashion, celebrities, gay culture and his own experiences in Australia. His blog is currently based on the WordPress platform although it seems he previously blogged on Blogger as well. Either way, he has been at it for some time with entries dating back to August 2005.

The blog has its fair share of video embeds and pictures but they're normally pretty well balanced and tastefully done apart from the more raunchy photo here and there. Certain entries might be considered NSFW, but there don't seem to be too many of them, so you should get away with following along.

I think what I like most about this blog are his personal entries, seemingly randomly dispersed amongst the entries. They're like little Easter Eggs to be found amongst his commentaries and photo essays just waiting to be found. They certainly make the reading more enjoyable given his relatively candid style of writing and the fact that it is a look into his life, his thoughts and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment