Jul 16, 2007

[Pinoy Gay Blogs] Bakla Ako, May Reklamo?

BaklaAko.com

I think some of my biggest challenges that stems from managing the reviews for Pinoy Gay Blogs are that (1) I'll never get my own blogs reviewed on the site and (2) I always feel guilty about reviewing the blogs of friends. It's a silly notion at times, but then again I've always been big on doing my best to be impartial. Let's also treat this as a hint for anyone else to run a review on my blogs The Geeky Guide to Nearly Everything and Beyond Dinobot Island, haha. *hints even harder*

So today I'm finally going to review a blog of a friend of mine and I'm sure you'll agree with me at this is long overdue. Allow me the pleasure of re-introducing everyone to Bakla Ako, May Reklamo?

Bakla Ako, May Reklamo?, also known as BAMR or BaklaAko.com is the brainchild of AJ - undoubtedly you must have encountered him online somehow. He has a pretty large cyber-presence given the popularity of the site, his aggressive marketing and the fact that he also maintains a pretty long blogroll of local gay bloggers.

BAMR is the site that almost any Filipino gay man can relate to. His topic range from the politically relevant to the simply amusing depending on his day. The site has a mix of public topics like celebrity news, events and televisions shows and also a fair share of personal entries about his life in the metro as a single gay man.

The site is hosted over on MyJournal.PH, although it's a lot easier to get to the site using AJ's redirect domain BaklaAko.com. The site is pretty dynamic and supports a variety of content from photos, videos and even podcasts. Depending on content, it might be safer to initially tag this blog as NSFW given he does have his entries dedicated to eye candy that your immediate supervisor just might not appreciate, even without full frontal nudity involved. Despite the blog's title it's actually predominantly in English although course he has his mixed-language moments that you'll only fully appreciate if you speak Filipino and of course the local gay lingo.

BAMR is a pretty smart and candid blog and AJ updates fairly often (unless he's an another blogging hiatus, which happens from time to time) and always remains very responsive to comments and questions visitors leave on the site. He's active in almost every social network and IM client so there's no shortage of ways of getting to know him better - something that I can say is definitely worth your time, this being based on my personal experience with him, haha.

If you want to add a refreshingly interesting and realistic blog to your feed reader, then Bakla Ako, May Reklamo? may be just what you're looking for.

2 comments:

  1. A very well-written review, rocky! I like it very much. Expressive but not excessively so, elaborate without being overly detailed. If I were the owner, I'd use it as my blog intro! I think this is one way blog reviews should be written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the strong praise, Blogie! Much appreciated.

    I've been working on figuring out my pattern for all this and since I've been at this for a few months, I think I've been getting better at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete